Saturday, October 1, 2011

Alumni Spotlight: Mechelle Mellor

Meche  Mellor (’94, Physical Education) is a Private Banking Relationship Manager and an Assistant Vice-President at Zions Bank.

Professor Steve Lunt was an exceptional mentor and advisor for Meche. She explains, “The lessons he taught me in my Physical Education classes are relevant to everyday life.  In my head I will still hear him say – ‘questions, comments, concerns?’”
What did she like best about her experience at SUU? The opportunities of being involved with SUUSA and the Greek community, and learning that there was more to school than just going to class.
She also learned the value of volunteerism and service. Her professors were involved in Clubs and Organizations as advisors. The Student Activities office got her involved in helping provide activities for her fellow students. Even today, “I am encouraged in my current position at Zions Bank to be involved in my community. Due to my experiences at SUU, this fits with my own personal desires to serve those in my community,” she explains.
And serve she does, with a variety of organizations: Executive Women International, Alphi Phi International Fraternity, Ronald McDonald House Charities Gala Committee, Utah Symphony/Utah Opera, SUU Alumni Association, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, American Heart Association and the Arthritis Foundation.
It is difficult for Meche to pick one memorable experience while a student at SUU. She states, “I was very fortunate to be involved in a number of organizations from Acclamation to Phi Alpha Beta/Alpha Phi, to Student Government. All of which provided incredible experiences that I will carry with me throughout my life.”
Meche enjoys traveling, reading, eating good food, being in the outdoors and spending time with family and friends.
She resides in Farmington, Utah.

No comments: