Thursday, December 18, 2014

Why I'm Grateful for SUU - Larry Bliss

I want to share why I am grateful for Southern Utah University. First of all, if I had not come to Cedar City, Utah, I would have never met my beautiful wife Marilyn Bliss, who was working for Dr. Steve Lunt. Second, the education I received was a changing factor in my life to do better and look for ways to improve my life. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science with a major in Business Administration and minor in Accounting. The campus was much different back then in 1969. I met so many wonderful people at Southern Utah University, loved the campus and the life of a college student. 

Cedar City was the place where we were going to spend the rest of our life, but with a career starting with Coronet Variety stores out of Pasadena, California, we had many different adventures and cities to work and manage variety stores. I helped open a new grocery/variety retail store in St. George, Utah, we eventually ended up with True Value Hardware Corporation out of Chicago, Illinois, and we ended up setting in Spanish Fork, Utah, for 32 years with True Value, and retired two years ago. We have 5 wonderful children, 22 grandchildren and one great-grandson. 

My education at Southern Utah University, (College of Southern Utah) changed my whole life.

Larry Bliss is a 1969 graduate of SUU and lives in Spanish Fork, Utah, and is a retired consultant for True Value Hardware Corporation.

No comments: