Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Alumni Spotlight: JayDEl Wilson

JayDEl Wilson (’96, Spanish; ’99, M.Ed.), is the Assistant Principal at Virgin Valley High in Mesquite, Nev. where his responsibilities vary from master scheduling to supervising athletic activities.

“I went into education administration because I had a principal in high school that was willing to do anything for me and I want to be a positive influence on the students I come in contact with,” says Wilson.

As a student and now educator, Wilson knows first-hand the importance of good relationships with students, and is grateful to SUU professors who took time to offer him assistance.

“My academic advisor in the education program, Paul Wilford, was positive and helpful throughout my undergraduate and graduate degree programs.  I knew that I could go to Paul with any problem that I had and he would help me solve it,” said Wilson.

Wilson’s word for the year is choose. “I will choose to be a better father and husband, I will choose to be happy, I will choose to be a positive influence on those around me,” he says.

He and wife Marshelle Murdock Wilson (’98, education; ’14 M.Ed.) have four children, Britton (16), Dylan (14), Abbie (10), and Connor (9). All of their children are involved in sports and both of their older sons earned Eagle Scout awards. As a family they enjoy camping, hunting and playing sports.

No comments: