Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Alumni Spotlight: Marty Adair

Marty Adair (’03, Construction Management), is the President and Owner of Adair Homes.

“In 2006 I decided to start my own business … building semi-custom and custom homes, after pursuing a short career as a superintendent for a large Utah homebuilder and working as a project manager for another,” said Adair.

Construction Management Professor Boyd Fife was a great influence and had a strong impact on Adair during his experience at SUU.

“He seemed to take a personal interest in his students. I felt that he was interested in what I was doing and my accomplishments. He became a mentor for me … and was someone I really looked up to,” says Adair.

SUU is becoming somewhat of a tradition for the Adair family. His younger brother, who is now a lawyer, graduated from SUU a few years back. He has a niece who is currently attending, working toward acceptance to the radiology technician program; and another niece and nephew who will likely attend SUU in the coming year.

“I am kind of a throwback. I really love vintage things … like classic cars and music from the 60’s and 70’s. I collect vinyl records and own several payers,” said Adair.

Adair plays the guitar. He enjoys spending time with his family and the outdoors; including hunting, fishing, hiking and riding four-wheelers. He and his wife reside in St. George, they have a son who is four and an angel daughter who would have turned two in April.


No comments: